ParentShift: Ten Universal Truths That Will Change the Way You Raise Your Kids is an award-winning book marrying modern research and neuroscience with the work of some of the greatest child psychologists of our time. Notable for its flexible, common-sense and heart-centered approach, ParentShift transforms families by showing parents how to solve short-term challenges while, at the same time, preventing long-term problems and building strong relationships with kids — a hat trick performed by only a few parenting books on the market, and none so well as this one.
Solve short-term challenges
Prevent long-term problems
Build strong relationships
• Bed time • Bath time • Chores
• Hitting • Ignoring boundaries
• Meltdowns • Power struggles
• Screen time • Sibling rivalry
• Violating limits • So much more
• Addiction • Anxiety • Depression
• Eating disorders • Early sex
• Low self-esteem • Reckless behavior • Relationship dysfunction
• Self-harm • So much more
• Affection • Cooperation • Empathy • Forgiveness • Fun • Gratitude
• Honesty • Mutual respect • Trust
• Open communication
• Understanding • So much more
ParentShift is filled with detailed and adaptable, step-by-step instructions. Instead of utilizing my previous method of confused emotional reaction, I now get almost excited to execute the pragmatic, prepared plans — and they really work!
— Emily Nielson, adoptive mother of three (ages 6, 7 and 8)
ParentShift is a constant guide for maintaining healthy relationships with my children. For me, ParentShift is more than a parenting book. It's a self-help book. It recharges my batteries.
— Ladaryl Rose, father of three (ages 5, 3 and 11 months)
“ParentShift is an encyclopedic exploration of the most effective methods for giving children the courage to realize their full potential.”
― ADELE FABER,
co-author of How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk